The MoS Collective produces festive installations within larger events. We conduct activities that teach us how to live so our living by-product compliments the bottom line of clean water, air and soil.
Collectively we are:
- Sustainability professionals that inspire a collaborative culture of new thinking and unconventional ideas that create change in unexpected ways
- Educators, artists, and improvisers who create playful experiential activities for kids and adults
- Master, city certified, composters and other active composters
- Scientists, ecologists and other earth-based disciplines that sustain human culture
1. Soil succession activities
- An array of compost bin presentations and interactions
- Sow a Seed: we provide paper pots in which to add our rich soil and plant a bean seed. Grow it in your window.
- Soil viewings: Compare local and international soil samples
- Fruit Smoothies: peddle power blender bike makes fruit smoothie. Fruit waste make good eats for the worm bin!
- Contributing food waste of festive people to our compost bins
- Soil Dancing: Professional dance and improv performances on a gigantic pile of soil
- Kids play: 3 yr old leaf compost for kids to play and learn sifting.
2. Water succession activities
- Education on water issues
- Add a wish on an oyster shell. Oyster shells will be added to oyster beds to attract more oysters to the harbor to clean the water.
- Rain gardens education and sample plants that work to absorb rain run-off.
- Combined sewer overflow (CSO) and storm water management
- Solutions to keep our water healthy by making it cleaner from the source on down
- Fun watershed and wetlands participatory tasks
3. Air succession activities
- Awareness surrounding air quality indoors and out
- Solutions to keep our air healthy through plant-based filtration systems and reduction of fossil fuel burning
- Increasing the fun and quality in our life by creating cleaner air
- Creative participatory things to do with air (music, kite-flying, dancing)